This week is packed with community board meetings and public events in Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx. Here’s a sampling of the items on the Streetsblog calendar this week. Head over to the full calendar for more events:
- Monday: Join Riders Alliance for a strategy meeting to win better G train service, as the MTA prepares to release a full line review of the crosstown route in June. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Council Member Donovan Richards, Jr., hosts a forum on speeding in his eastern Queens district. 6:00 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: In what looks to be a big moment for the Sheridan Expressway-Hunts Point Land Use and Transportation Study, city staff will discuss recommended courses of action for the little-used expressway. 6:00 p.m.
- More Tuesday: Brooklyn Community Board 2′s transportation committee will discuss traffic calming on Fourth Avenue, a bike corral, and seating in Dumbo. 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: The transportation committee of Brooklyn Community Board 12 will hear the Safe Routes to School proposal from DOT for P.S. 226. 7:00 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: A group has formed to oppose a Parks Department plan to pave the Putnam Line rail-trail in Van Cortlandt Park. Community Board 8′s Parks Committee has the issue on its agenda. 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: DOT is hosting an information session in Queens for non-profits and community groups interested in learning more about the city’s plaza program. 10:00 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.