The pre-Memorial Day calendar is front-loaded with events on Monday and Tuesday, with DOT unveiling new bike routes and upgrades to existing ones.
Here are the highlights. Check the Streetsblog calendar for the full listing of events:
- Monday: DOT will present the next phase of bike network expansion in East New York to Brooklyn Community Board 5. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: You can come along for a DOT walk-through to consider how to improve street safety on Broadway in Upper Manhattan. 10 a.m.
- Also Tuesday: At the Brooklyn Community Board 2 transportation committee, DOT will present plans to upgrade the Bond Street bike lane and add safety improvements near the entrance to the Manhattan Bridge. 6 p.m.
- More Tuesday: The Brooklyn Community Board 1 transportation committee will consider DOT’s plan for a bike lane on Metropolitan Avenue. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Weigh in on the Jamaica Bay Greenway at a DOT/RPA workshop covering Broad Channel and the Rockaways. 6:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.