This week starts off with presentations about bike-share locations on the East Side of Manhattan and Select Bus Service on 125th Street, and it wraps up with two Riders Alliance volunteer events. Here are the details:
- Monday: On the agenda for the transportation committee of Manhattan Community Board 6: an update on bike-share locations, and more. 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: Manhattan Community Board 11′s transportation committee will discuss Select Bus Service on 125th Street, as well as CityBench and bike rack locations. (CB 11 is also where Amar Diarrassouba was killed last week.) 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: The Center for Architecture is hosting a discussion on walkable and healthy communities, including presentations on NYC’s Active Design Guidelines and the “Steps to a Walkable Community” guide just released by Sam Schwartz Engineering and America Walks. 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday: The Transportation Research Forum’s New York chapter is hosting its annual meeting, featuring a talk from Dr. Christopher Burke about progress on the Moynihan Station project. RSVP requested. 11:45 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Join the Riders Alliance to collect signatures in Bay Ridge on Saturday and to survey transit conditions in Western Queens on Sunday. Volunteers meet at noon on both days.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.