Lots of community board action on the calendar this week, with the first look at “block-by-block street designs” for Woodhaven Boulevard Select Bus Service, plus DOT presentations on improvements to the bike network in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island. Over the weekend, Kidical Mass season kicks off with rides in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Highlights below.
- Today: Brooklyn CB 10 will vote on the proposed expansion of the Bay Ridge bike network, following an endorsement from the board’s transportation committee. 7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday: The Brooklyn CB 2 transportation committee agenda includes DOT presentations on proposals for a Brooklyn Heights Slow Zone, extension of the bike network on Schermerhorn Street, and bike corrals on Myrtle Avenue at Adelphi Street and Bond Street at Pacific Street. 6 p.m.
- More Tuesday: DOT will present a proposal for a bike lane on Clove Road from Richmond Terrace to Howard Avenue to the Staten Island CB 1 transportation committee. 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: DOT and the MTA will hold a public workshop for Woodhaven Boulevard Select Bus Service. 6 to 8 p.m.
- Also Thursday: Manhattan CB 2 will vote on a proposal for a bike lane and sharrows on Spring Street. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: It’s the 2015 RPA Assembly, with panels featuring First Deputy Mayor Anthony Shorris, Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development Alicia Glen, former deputy mayor Dan Doctoroff, Amtrak Chair Anthony Coscia, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, and others. Ticket info here.
- Saturday: Kidical Mass goes uptown. 12 p.m. RSVP requested.
- Sunday: Kidical Mass holds its first Brooklyn ride of the year. 10 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.