It’s a big week for bus planning, with an update on Utica Avenue Select Bus Service and opportunities to weigh in on SBS plans for Woodhaven and Cross Bay boulevards on tap. Also: check out plans for the Prospect Heights Slow zOne and offer your input on how to improve Mosholu Parkway.
Here are the highlights. Check the calendar for the full listing of events:
- Tuesday: DOT is presenting its plans to install the Prospect Heights neighborhood Slow Zone at the Brooklyn Community Board 8 transportation committee and its plans for Utica Avenue Select Bus Service at the Brooklyn Community Board 9 general meeting. Both meetings begin at 7 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: The Queens Community Board 5 transportation committee will discuss Woodhaven Boulevard SBS and hear a presentation from DOT on pedestrian and traffic safety improvements at the intersection of Myrtle Avenue, Forest Avenue, and George Street. 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: NYC DOT and the MTA are hosting the third of four workshops on Select Bus Service for Woodhaven and Cross Bay boulevards. This workshop will focus on Cross Bay Boulevard. Open to the public from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Council members Andrew Cohen and Ritchie Torres are hosting a town hall with Friends of Mosholu Parkland and the Bedford Mosholu Community Association to discuss ways to improve street safety and park space along Mosholu Parkway. 7 p.m.
- Thursday: The final of four workshops on Woodhaven/Cross Bay SBS is being hosted in the Rockaways. Come learn how the Q52 and Q53 bus will change and go over block-by-block changes to Woodhaven and Cross Bay boulevards. Open to the public from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.