Tomorrow evening, city agencies and elected officials host a forum on improving bicycling in Bushwick. Then on Thursday, the City Council transportation committee will hold an oversight hearing on bike policy. Shouldn’t be that hard to make this one a big improvement over the last City Council hearing about bikes.
As always, check the calendar for the full slate of events. Here are the highlights:
- Tuesday: DOT, the Department of City Planning, Brooklyn Community Board 4, and Council Members Antonio Reynoso and Rafael Espinal will discuss the state of bicycling in Bushwick and want your ideas about how to improve bicycling in the neighborhood. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: There are two Brooklyn community board transportation committee meetings of interest. Transportation Alternatives will discuss the results of its North Brooklyn Vision Zero forum with CB 1 at 6:30 p.m., while DOT and the MTA will discuss Select Bus Service on the B46 Utica Avenue route with CB 8 at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: The Manhattan Community Board 4 transportation committee is set to discuss and vote on a resolution asking DOT for a complete streets redesign of Seventh Avenue. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Along Richmond Terrace, between Van Name and Van Pelt Avenues, a parcel of land is slated to be redesigned to create a permanent public space. Join DOT, the Parks Department, Northfield Community LDC, and Council Member Debi Rose to share your thoughts about plaza design. 7 p.m.
- Thursday: The City Council transportation committee is holding an oversight hearing on bicycling in New York City. In addition to city and state agencies, members of the public are invited to give testimony. 1 p.m.
- Friday: Want to improve public space at the Fourth Avenue-Ninth Street subway station in Brooklyn? A pop-up installation will include mock-ups of street-level shops, bike racks, way-finding signage, and brighter lighting, plus ways to provide feedback and discuss ideas. 2 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.