This Week: Streetsblog Happy Hour and More
It’s a packed week on the livable streets calendar, but hopefully you can find some time on Wednesday to come out to Dutch Kills Centraal in Long Island City for the Streetsblog and Streetfilms happy hour. We’d love to meet you! The party gets started at 6 p.m., with half-price drinks, great food, and a raffle to support our reporting and videos. If you can’t make it (or even if you can), you can also contribute to our spring pledge drive online and help us reach our goal of 400 donors by June 1. Every donation helps!
The full complement of events is at the Streetsblog calendar. Here are the highlights:
- Tuesday: DOT is hosting a Vision Zero pedestrian safety workshop at Lehman College in the Bronx. Tell transportation planners and police about dangerous street conditions in your neighborhood. 6:30 p.m.
- More Tuesday: CIVITAS is hosting a community meeting to discuss improvements to the East River Esplanade on the Upper East Side and East Harlem. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Join City Council members and representatives from DOT, NYPD and TLC at a Vision Zero town hall on Staten Island. 6 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: After months of meetings on the topic, Manhattan Community Board 10’s full board is set to take up a resolution on traffic calming for Morningside Avenue. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Manhattan Community Board 2’s transportation committee will hear a request to extend the West Village Slow Zone to Sixth Avenue. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Thursday: Riders Alliance is hosting its second southern Brooklyn strategy session. Help strategize solutions for better transit in your neighborhood. 7 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.