This Week: Vision Zero in Manhattan, Streetsblog Winter Warmer
The Streetsblog calendar is totally crammed with events today and tomorrow. Choose wisely.
Check the full calendar for more goings-on. Here are the highlights:
- Tuesday: State Senator Brad Hoylman is hosting a Vision Zero town hall with several other Manhattan electeds. The mayor’s office, DOT, NYPD, Transportation Alternatives, and the Clinton/Hell’s Kitchen Coalition for Pedestrian Safety will all be presenting. 6:00 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: Plaza projects and bus service are on the agenda of the Queens Community Board 5 transportation and public transit committee. 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Join Streetsblog and Streetfilms at Building on Bond for food, drinks, and great conversation as we gird ourselves for the final weeks of winter. RSVP requested. 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: The future path of the Hudson River Greenway will be up for discussion at a joint committee meeting of Bronx Community Board 8. At a prior meeting, residents of Palisades Avenue objected to the addition of sidewalks and sharrows by their homes. 7:00 p.m.
- More Wednesday: DOT will present pedestrian safety improvements for Hillside Avenue and Homelawn Avenue to the Queens Community Board 8 transportation committee. 7:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.