This Week: Get Ready for the Youth Bike Summit
In addition to a big slate of street safety meetings, on the Streetsblog calendar this week are a discussion of infrastructure resiliency, an effort to bring countdown clocks to bus stops, and the annual Youth Bike Summit.
Here are the details:
- Monday: DOT will present plans for a neighborhood slow zone in Bedford Stuyvesant and Clinton Hill to Brooklyn Community Board 3′s transportation committee. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Four community board transportation committees will be meeting separately to discuss street safety: Manhattan CB 3 will discuss the intersection of Bowery and Delancey Street at 6:30 p.m.; the transportation and public safety committees of Brooklyn CB 7 are holding a joint meeting on traffic enforcement at 6:30 p.m.; Brooklyn CB 10 will discuss Vision Zero at 7:00 p.m.; and Manhattan CB 7 will meet for a DOT presentation on safety improvements at the intersections of Riverside Drive at West 72nd and 79th Streets, 7:00 p.m.
- More Tuesday: Join Make Brooklyn Safer for a planning meeting in advance of a traffic safety forum hosted by Council Member Laurie Cumbo later this month. 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: Brooklyn CB 2 will vote on several proposals endorsed by its transportation committee, including the proposed 20 mph zone in Clinton Hill and Bedford Stuyvesant, the Kent Avenue South portion of the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway, and the Brooklyn Bridge Gateway. 6:00 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Riders Alliance is hosting a meeting for people interested in bringing bus countdown clocks to bus shelters and stops across the city. 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: The Jamaica Bay Greenway Coalition is meeting to prepare for DOT-led workshops this spring and discuss public programming for the greenway this year. 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday: The Youth Bike Summit is happening! This annual national conference brings together educators, advocates, activists, students, policy makers and community leaders to strategize about youth, bicycles, education, and advocacy.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.