Last week, we covered the efforts of advocates to get the city and state to complete the missing link  in the Bronx River Greenway by building phase two of Starlight Park. That isn’t the only action happening along the greenway: There are two community board meetings this week to improve safety at pedestrian crossings leading to Concrete Plant Park.
Also this week: talk transportation in the neighborhoods near Downtown Brooklyn, help improve the G train, and test your transit knowledge.
- Tuesday: Brooklyn Community Board 2  will discuss the Brooklyn Gateway Transportation Vision Plan . 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: DOT and the Bronx River Alliance are meeting with community board committees about safer pedestrian crossings near Concrete Plant Park. On Tuesday , Bronx CB 9 meets at 6:00 p.m., and on Wednesday , Bronx CB 2 meets at 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: Join the Riders Alliance at a strategy session to win better G train service , including more frequent service, better communication with riders, and more free transfers from the G to other lines. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: DOT is presenting its commercial bicycling and pedestrian wayfinding initiatives at Brooklyn Community Board 6 , covering Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Park Slope and Red Hook. Meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Tickets for the New York Transit Museum’s first trivia night  — where teams test their knowledge of transit-themed movies, music, history and culture — are sold out. But the museum’s website  indicates that additional tickets will be made available 30 minutes before the event. 7:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .