Manhattan Community Board 2: Ped Safety Measures and Bike Corrals
- Thursday, January 3, 6:30 p.m.
- NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Pl. Room 401
The following items are on the agenda for the Manhattan Community Board 2 Traffic and Transportation Committee:
- *Presentation by NYC Dept. of Transportation of proposals for bicycle corrals at 62 Spring St. (on Lafayette St. s.w. corner), 418 6th Ave. (on W. 9th St. s.e. corner) and 30 Prince St. (on Mott St. s.e. corner).
- *Discussion of community proposals for pedestrian safety improvements at the intersection of Carmine/Clarkson/Varick Sts./7th Ave. S. and immediate area: (1) Relocation further north of traffic light signal on the s.e. side of Varick St.; (2) Installation of a bulbout (neckdown) or a “No Left Turn” sign on the n.e. corner of 7th Ave. S. & Carmine St.; (3) Daylighting (“No Parking”) the s.w. corner of Clarkson at Varick St.; (4) Installation of a bulbout (neckdown) on the n.w. corner of 7th Ave. S. at Clarkson St.; (5) Conversion of Carmine St. bet. Bedford St. & 7th Ave. S. to one-way northeastbound; and (6) Comprehensive integrated geometric and operational improvements at the Carmine/Clarkson/Varick Sts./7th Ave. S. intersection (similar to 7th Ave./Bleecker St. intersection).
- *Discussion of traffic signal changes, sidewalk extensions and other potential pedestrian safety improvements at Bleecker St. and 6th Ave.