- Streetsblog New York City - http://www.streetsblog.org -
Cuomo: “Bus Bridge” Linking Manhattan and Brooklyn Coming Soon
Posted By Ben Fried On October 31, 2012 @ 12:56 pm In Sandy | 15 Comments
A few quick takeaways from Governor Cuomo’s recently-concluded press conference on the recovery from Sandy:
Mayor Bloomberg has a press conference scheduled for 1:30, so we hope to have more specifics on the emergency surface transportation plans then.
Update 2: The Governor’s office has released a list of all subway and emergency shuttle bus service that will be operational as of
2 p.m. this afternoon tomorrow morning. There are three shuttle bus routes — two plying the Manhattan Bridge and one on the Williamsburg Bridge — filling some of the gaps in subway service:
All shuttle buses will operate north on 3rd Avenue and south on Lexington Avenue.
1. Between Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center and 57th Street-Lexington Avenue via the Manhattan Bridge
2. Between Jay Street-MetroTech and 57th Street-Lexington Avenue via the Manhattan Bridge
3. Between Hewes Street and 57th Street-Lexington Avenue via the Williamsburg Bridge
And here are the details on subway service restorations:
NYCT SUBWAY SERVICE:
1 trains will operate local between 242nd Street (Bronx) and Times Square-42nd Street.
2 trains will operate between 241st Street (Bronx) and Times Square-42nd Street, with express service between 96th Street and Times Square.
3 trains are suspended.
4 trains will operate in two sections making all local stops:
- · Between Woodlawn (Bronx) and Grand Central-42nd Street
- · Between Borough Hall and New Lots Avenue
5 trains will operate express in Brooklyn between Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center and Flatbush Avenue.
6 trains will operate local between Pelham Bay Park and Grand Central-42nd Street.
7 trains are suspended.
42nd Street Shuttle S trains will operate between Times Square and Grand Central.
A trains will operate in two sections making all local stops:
- · Between 168th Street (Manhattan) and 34th Street-Penn Station
- · Between Jay Street/MetroTech and Lefferts Blvd.
B and C service is suspended.
D trains operate in two sections:
- · Between 205th Street (Bronx) and 34th Street-Herald Square making all local stops
- · In Brooklyn, between Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center and Bay Parkway making express stops between Pacific Street and 36th Street
E trains are suspended.
F trains operate in two sections making all local stops:
- · Between 179th Street (Queens) and 34th Street-Herald Square
- · In Brooklyn, between Jay Street-MetroTech and Avenue X
G trains are suspended.
J trains operate between Jamaica Center and Hewes Street making all local stops.
L trains operate between Broadway Junction and rockaway Parkway making all local stops.
M trains operate between Myrtle Avenue-Broadway and Metropolitan Avenue.
N trains operate between Ditmars Blvd. (Queens) and 34th Street-Herald Square making all local stops.
Q trains are suspended.
R trains operate in Brooklyn between Jay Street-MetroTech and 95th Street making all local stops.
Both the Franklin Avenue and Rockaway Park S shuttles are suspended.
Article printed from Streetsblog New York City: http://www.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://www.streetsblog.org/2012/10/31/cuomo-bus-bridge-linking-manhattan-and-brooklyn-coming-tomorrow/
Copyright © 2008 Streetsblog. All rights reserved.