This Week: Velo City Benefit, Borough Taxi Public Hearing
The non-profit Velo City, which uses a bike-based curriculum to teach high school students about urban planning issues, is hosting its third annual benefit this week. Should be a good one: special guest Majora Carter will be honored with the organization’s Inspiring Individual award. Also on this week’s calendar: the TLC holds a public hearing on the Bloomberg administration’s plan to allow livery cabs to pick up street hails.
- Tuesday: Matthew Modine speaks at the New York League of Conservation Voters’ Green Professionals Mixer about his Bicycle for a Day initiative. 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: Manhattan Community Board 4′s transportation committee gets a look at a preliminary map of the district’s bike-share station locations. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Velo City put on its third annual benefit. Help support an organization that gets young people on bicycles and thinking about their city. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: The Taxi and Limousine Commission holds a public hearing on its plan to allow licensed livery cabs to pick up street hails outside the Manhattan central business district. 9:00 a.m.
- Friday: The Department of Transportation hosts an information session on its plaza program, this time in Manhattan. 10:00 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.