This Week: Bike-Share Outreach in Full Swing
With two community board presentations and six public demonstrations, it’s going to be a busy week for the city’s bike-share roadshow. The presentations are happening at Manhattan CB 5 tonight and Brooklyn CB 9 tomorrow. Check out the official bike-share website to see where to go and find the demos happening near you. The rest of the important livable streets action this week is concentrated on Tuesday, when DOT will be providing updates on the plans for three important Brooklyn transportation projects.
- Tonight: In addition to hearing a presentation on bike-share, Manhattan Community Board 5’s transportation committee discusses whether to ask DOT to extend the Sixth Avenue bike lane up from 42nd Street to Central Park. 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: MTA Capital Construction Company President Michael Horodniceanu gives an update at NYU’s Rudin Center on the progress of the transit authority’s mega-projects. 8:30 a.m.
- Also Tuesday: DOT and the MTA present the most recent plans for Select Bus Service on Nostrand Avenue to Brooklyn Community Board 15, which has proven to be a tough crowd when it comes to changing the streets. 7:00 p.m.
- More Tuesday: DOT updates Brooklyn Community Board 8 on the status of recent safety improvements to Washington Avenue. 7:00 p.m.
- Still More Tuesday: In the latest round of community workshops for the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway, DOT presents the final route for the bike/ped path and solicits comments from the Greenpoint and Williamsburg communities. 7:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.