Streetsblog Pledge Drive Update: Keep Up the Momentum
Hello there Streetsblog readers — here’s my first status report on our year-end pledge drive. We’re on our way to our goal of raising $50K by the end of of the year, and we need to keep up the pace.
In the last week, we’ve raised over $5,000 from about 50 donors. Tremendous gratitude goes out to everyone who’s given so far. It is humbling and tremendously gratifying to receive this support from our readers. I know there are more of you out there — about 3,800 people visited Streetsblog NYC yesterday. All it takes is about 10 percent of our daily readership to chip in, and we’ll meet our goal.
Many of the readers who’ve been giving have dropped us a line about why they’re supporting Streetsblog NYC. This is what they’re saying:
- New York needs outspoken supporters of rights and justice for pedestrians, cyclists and public transit riders.
- Streetsblog is the only news source focusing on an historically under-scrutinized and taken-for-granted sector of our City. The fact that Streetsblog is professionally reported and edited means that it is read and taken seriously at the highest levels.
- I’ve been reading it since it began and have seen the impact it’s had in elevating the dialogue in NYC and around the country.
- Streetsblog is inspiring in its rigorous coverage of some of the most pressing transportation, livability and quality of life issues facing cities.
- Because you tell the truth!
- Streetsblog has created a visual narrative that makes abstract concepts like Smart Growth, Transit, and Complete Streets come alive. It is my favorite website! Thanks!
- This forum is a community, which might not exist otherwise.
- While I don’t bike, your coverage of pedestrian and MTA issues are informative and have helped to change my view.
- Streetsblog is an indispensable source for news and information on creating a safer, more livable city for everyone. Pedestrians, cyclists, transit riders, and drivers alike benefit from what it does.
Thanks to everyone who’s contributing to the future of Streetsblog and giving us a secure financial footing to report on the next transit funding fight, the next bike lane battle, and the next policy change that can make NYC a better city for walking, biking, and transit.
If you haven’t given yet, please make a secure donation and join the community of readers who are keeping Streetsblog’s coverage of livable streets and sustainable transportation going strong. (I’ll keep posting these reminders until you do.)
Streetsblog is a non-profit news source, and all donations are tax-deductible. If you are interested in making a major gift or matching donation during this pledge drive, please contact Beverly Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.