Manhattan Community Board 2: Ticketing On-the-Job Bike Infractions
A meeting of the Manhattan Community Board 2 Traffic & Transportation Committee. On the agenda:
- Request to change parking regulations on both sides of W. 10th St. bet. 5th Ave. & Ave. of the Americas to reduce street cleaning (no parking) time from 90 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Presentation and Discussion: Overview of Council Member Jessica Lappin’s bill (Int 0121-2010) regarding ticketing of bicycle operators for traffic infractions on the job and business owners’ responsibilities, by Christina Bottego, Jessica Lappin office Legislative Policy Director
- Request for added street cleaning regulations and more No Parking signs on W. 10th St. bet. Waverly Pl. & Greenwich Ave.
- Request for Pilot of Dedicated Motorcycle/Scooter Parking Zones at: 11th St. & University Pl.-NW & SW sides; 12th St. & 5th Ave.-NW; Bleecker St. & Broadway-SW; Bleecker & Mercer Sts.-NE; Chistopher & Weehawken Sts.-NW; Spring St. & Bowery-NW; Sullivan St. & Washington Sq. S,-SE, SW; Washington & Horatio Sts.-NE; Washington & Leroy Sts.-SE; Washington & Spring Sts.-SW.
- Capital & Expense Budget Priorities for FY 2012