This Week: Union Square, Nostrand SBS, Weekend Walks
Here's what's happening this week in addition to this evening's bike lane event in Brooklyn.
- Tonight: The transportation committee of Manhattan Community Board 5 will hear from DOT about the 34th Street Transitway and the Union Square pedestrian plan, which could come up for a vote. 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: DOT will give a presentation to Brooklyn CB 9 about Nostrand Avenue Select Bus Service. It doesn't appear there will be a vote of any kind, but a few friendly faces in the crowd wouldn't hurt. (Lest we forget last month's CB 15 briefing.) 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: The Brooklyn Greenway Initiative hosts a cocktail party benefit. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: "Our Cities, Ourselves" opens at the Center for Architecture. The exhibition challenges 10 leading architects to envision 10 cities in 2030 centered around safe and enjoyable walking, cycling, and public transit. 6 p.m. Also Thursday: The Museum of Art and Design hosts a panel entitled "Bikes as Object" in its 'The Future of Bikes" series. 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Numerous Weekend Walks all around town.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.