- Monday: Manhattan Community Board 6 meets  to discuss plans for the 34th Street transitway  and Select Bus Service on First and Second Avenues . The agenda calls for resolutions on both projects. 6:30 p.m.
Did you know that when there's no countdown clock on a subway platform, passengers typically estimate the time they waited to be two to two-and-a-half times longer than it actually was? One way to boost transit ridership is to tell people how long they have to wait and take away the uncertainty. This panel discussion  will describe efforts to install countdown clocks in NYC and elsewhere. 6 p.m. Also Tuesday: Manhattan CB11 meets  about SBS for First and Second Avenues. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: The MTA ramps up its new open data policy  by hosting a conference for tech developers at Google HQ . 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: The image and ethos of commuters, racers, proponents of "cycle chic" and "outlaw cycling" vie to define what it means to be an urban cyclist. How is bicycle culture changing? Bike Snob and others discuss at the Bike Culture Summit . 7 p.m. Also Thursday: NYCDOT hosts a public meeting on traffic and transportation  on the Bowery, Bleecker Street and Houston Street. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: Experts from transit agencies and academia gather for a City College conference -- Sustainable Transit: Developing an Action Agenda . 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday: The Municipal Art Society hosts a day-long annual livable neighborhood training  for community advocates. 8:30 a.m.
Below the fold, a small sample of the festivals, rides and tours happening this week.
- Tuesday: Time's Up's Bike Month 2010 FootDown Festival  at Union Square. 7 p.m.
- Friday: Learn about the history and future of bicycle access on each of the East River bridges on TA's East River Bridges Ride . 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Join NYCDOT to tour some of its newest bike projects  and car-free public spaces. 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday: Explore and improve the George Washington Bridge bike path  and Route 9W. 10 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.