Bike Maintenance 101
- May 15, 2010 9:00 am - 1:00 pm9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Recycle-a-Bicycle - Dumbo
35 Pearl St. (bet. Plymouth & John Sts.)
- The class fee is $60, due upon registration, and includes a multi-tool, patch kit, and tire levers for all participants. This payment goes directly to Recycle-A-Bicycle to support its mission of youth job training and environmental education.
- Fill out this PDF form and mail or fax it to the address provided.
- More Info
- Bike New York
Do you know how to fix the most common bicycle breakdown in 5 minutes or less? What two procedures will make your bike ride more easily and smoothly? Bring your bike to a half-day Bike Maintenance 101 class to learn these things and lots more.
This beginner class teaches the basics you need to know to keep your bike tuned. These skills will save you time, money, and make your rides easier and safer. Bike New York is partnering with Recycle-A-Bicycle to bring you this class, and all proceeds will support Recycle-a-Bicycle’s mission of youth job training and environmental education.
- Fixing a flat tire
- Brake and derailleur adjustments
- Chain cleaning and lubing
- Numerous adjustments that can be done with a multi-tool, including seat and handlebars
All class participants receive a multi-tool, patch kit, and tire levers. (There will be a charge for any replacement parts needed by a student.) Class size is limited to 8 participants.