This Week: How Can You Bring a Plaza to Your Neighborhood?
Been wondering what's next for NYCDOT's plaza program? With applications now being accepted for the third round of this public space initiative, DOT is putting on information sessions in three boroughs this week, with more to come. We've got a full schedule of DOT presentations, with public meetings about street safety improvements in Upper Manhattan and the Sunset Park section of the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway also on the calendar.
- Monday: NYCDOT presents safety improvements for the intersection of 162nd Street, Amsterdam Ave. and St. Nicholas Ave. to the traffic and transportation committee of Manhattan CB 12. 7 p.m. Also tonight: NYU math prof David Holland describes the extent to which rising sea levels will affect New York and Abu Dhabi. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Help win safer streets on Manhattan's East Side and volunteer with Transportation Alternatives' East Side campaign. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: DOT puts on its first plaza program info session at agency HQ in Manhattan. 10 a.m.
- Thursday: DOT, RPA, and the Brooklyn Greenway Initiative continue their series of master planning workshops for the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway, focusing on the segment in Sunset Park. 6:30 p.m. Also Thursday: DOT's plaza program presenters head to Staten Island. 10 a.m. Plus: The Department of City Planning hosts a public meeting on the city's Comprehensive 2020 Waterfront Plan. 6 p.m.
- Friday: DOT's plaza program shows its stuff in Brooklyn. 10 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.