This Week: Parking in Flushing, BK Greenway, NJ Fare Hikes
Does downtown Flushing need copious, cheap parking to accompany new development? Queens residents will take up that question at this week's first big event.
- Monday: Queens Community Board 7 will meet to discuss, among other things, the Flushing Commons project. 7 p.m. Also tonight: AIA and the American Planning Association host a panel on sustainability: "Can we achieve integration at the regional level?" 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Auto-Free New York hosts newly-elected City Council Member Margaret Chin. 6 p.m. Also: The East Side Streets Coalition's Midtown East workshop convenes at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: Another East Side Select Bus Service open house. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: NYCDOT hosts the first of four Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway workshops. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: A public information session on NJ Transit fare increases and service reductions at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. 5:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.