There are several chances to get dressed up this week, beginning with Tuesday's mega-project discussion at City College (business attire only, please) and continuing with an MAS awards ceremony on Thursday. Loosen up afterward at TA's holiday shindig before capping off the week with a City Hall subway station tour. No jacket required for that one, we presume.
- Monday: Transportation Alternatives Brooklyn Committee meeting . 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: Joseph Berechman, chair of the Economics Department at City College, will contend in a book talk  that investment decisions about multi-billion dollar capital projects rely too heavily on preliminary cost estimates and demand forecasts, without considering key issues such as a project's risks, capital costs financing, and latent demand. 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Today is the last day to submit comments on amendments to the NYMTC 2008-2012 Transportation Improvement Program  (TIP), which includes projects in the Bronx as well as Rockland and Suffolk counties.
- Thursday: The Municipal Art Society's second annual Place Matters awards ceremony  honors locations in the Bronx. 6:30 p.m. Also Thursday: The tenth annual TA holiday party , 8:30 p.m.
- Friday: Last day  to see the MAS exhibit "Urban Design After the Age of Oil" .
- Saturday: Tour the abandoned City Hall subway station, courtesy of the New York Transit Museum. Noon  and 2 p.m. 
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .