Bike Maintenance 101
- July 5, 2009 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
35 Pearl St. (at Plymouth St.)
- The class fee is $50, due upon registration, and includes a multi-tool, patch kit, and tire levers for all participants. This payment goes directly to Recycle-A-Bicycle to support its mission of youth job training and environmental education.
- Complete this PDF application form and mail it with your check to Bike New York, Bicycle Education Program, 891 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10025. Please register early to ensure yourself of a spot; registrations will be confirmed upon receipt of the application form and payment. (E-mailing about a class does not secure a spot.) Class size is limited to 8 participants. Cancellation policy: If you register and must cancel for any reason, Recycle-A-Bicycle will refund your payment minus a $10 service charge provided you notify us at least a week prior to the class.
- More Info
- Bike New York
Do you know how to fix the most common bicycle breakdown in 5 minutes or less? What two procedures will make your bike ride more easily and smoothly? Bring your bike to a half-day Bike Maintenance 101 class to learn these things and lots more.
This beginner class teaches everything you need to know to keep your bike tuned and running like new, saving yourself time and money and making your rides easier and safer. Bike New York is partnering with Recycle-A-Bicycle to bring you this class, and all proceeds will support Recycle-a-Bicycle’s mission of youth job training and environmental education.
- Fixing a flat tire
- Tuning up your brakes and gears
- Cleaning and lubing your chain
- Removing and installing pedals
- Numerous adjustments that can be done with a multi-tool, including adjusting your seat and handlebars
All class participants receive a multi-tool, patch kit, and tire levers. You’ll work on your own bike under the instruction of a professional mechanic. Class size is limited to 8 participants.