Obama Names Transpo Transition Team
The Obama-Biden transition team today unveiled its "Agency Review Teams" -- the people charged with "a thorough review of key departments, agencies and commissions of the United States government, as well as the White House, to provide the President-elect, Vice President-elect, and key advisors with information needed to make strategic policy, budgetary, and personnel decisions prior to the inauguration."
We skipped right to the transportation team, of course, and here are the names we found, with biographical info pulled directly from the change.gov website. We'd love to get your intel in the comments.
- Seth Harris is a member of the Obama-Biden Transition Project’s Agency Review Working Group responsible for overseeing review of the transportation agencies.
- Mortimer Downey is a self-employed transportation consultant who served for eight years as the Deputy Secretary of Transportation under President Clinton, and was an Assistant Secretary of Transportation during the Carter Administration. He has also been the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority and held various planning positions at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
- Jane Garvey is the Head of the U.S. Public/Private
Partnerships at JPMorgan. In this role Garvey advises states on
financing strategies to accelerate project delivery for governments.
Garvey was the 14th Administrator of the Federal Aviation
Administration, nominated by President Clinton. Prior to becoming FAA Administrator, Garvey
was Acting Administrator and previously Deputy Administrator of the
Federal Highway Administration.
- Michael Huerta is Group President of ACS Transportation Solutions, a company that provides technology solutions for collecting revenue, enhancing safety and promoting security for the transportation industry. From 1993 to 1998, Huerta served in senior positions at the Department of Transportation. Previously, Huerta served as the Executive Director of the Port of San Francisco and Commissioner of the City of New York Department of Ports, International Trade and Commerce.
- Federal Maritime Commission Review Team Lead John Cullather has worked for the House of Representatives for over 31 years, specializing in Coast Guard and maritime transportation policy.
- NTSB Review Team Lead Carol Carmody currently works as a consultant in international aviation and aviation safety. In 2000 she was appointed by President Clinton and confirmed by the Senate to a five-year term on the National Transportation Safety Board.